Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme Kerala is to be launch by Government of Kerala on Saturday. Under this scheme government will pay some amount of loan of students. Government has also started Kerala Government Education Loan Subsidy 2017/Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme Online Registration through official website www.elrs.kerala.gov.in. This scheme will be beneficial for those people who are belonging to low to middle income groups and unable to repay the educational due to low salary or unemployment. Applicants can download Kerala Government Education Loan Subsidy/Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme Kerala Online Application Form 2017 through the portal.
Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme will be inaugurated at an event to be held in New Delhi in the presence of Finance Minister T M Thomas Isaac, Health Minister K K Shylaja and Education Minister C Raveendranath on Sunday. The website can be accessed from 5th August 2017 for submission of applications and further procedures at the online portal. Students have to fill Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme Online Application Form to get benefit by government.
Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme Kerala Online Registration Procedure
- Candidates need to visit at official website www.elrs.kerala.gov.in.
- Click on “Student Registration” link.
- Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme Kerala Registration Form will appear on screen.
- Candidates fill all necessary details required.
- Then click on “Submit” buttons.
- After completing these steps your registration will complete.
Below is the Screeshot of Kerala Government Education Loan Subsidy 2017
Eligibility for Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme 2017
- The candidates, who have started to repay the loan from 1st April 2017.
- Students have educational Loan not more than 9 lakh and household income not exceed 6 lakh to get benefits under Kerala Government Education Loan Subsidy 2017.
- Government will bear 60 per cent of principal amount for the loan up to 4 lakh and 40 per cent by borne.
- Government will also bear 50 per cent amount of loan between 4 lakh to 9 lakh (maximum 2.4 lakh).
When the website becomes active, the users can register themselves by uploading their documents at official website of Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme. The users have to submit the printed copied of submission form to the bank. When the borrowers remit their share after successful completion of banks’ scrutiny, the government will disburse its share to the banks.